Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Final Project Proposal- Hannah Bruchman

For my final project, I would like to do a multimedia presentation on music majors at the University of Maryland- College Park. The presentation would consist of still pictures of a student performing with added audio of both the student playing music and describing why they love their instruments.
While I am not sure who I will document quite yet, I personally know two music majors: a junior majoring in flute performance and a junior majoring in oboe performance. UMD students will be interested in this presentation because it highlights an unusual major of their peers.
The story will mostly be photographed in the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center (CSPAC) on UMD’s campus. This is where music majors have class, practice, and perform. I will have unrestricted access to the building because I am a UMD student. There will be no travel expenses, as CSPAC is located right on campus.
The project will span over the entire semester, because I want to document their final recital at the end of the semester.
The presentation will be most successful if I focus in on one music major instead of a many, as it will make the presentation more personal. Music majors that I have met are passionate about their craft, which is why the presentation would be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment