Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Video Assignment #1: Karisse Carmack

Good Evening. Last Friday I had the opportunity to look at a variety of different films produced by journalists online.
The feature story about a group of drug addicts trying to stay clean after being evicted from from an apartment in New York City was one of the videos that I liked. I thought the pictures, the soundtrack, and the interviews with the subjects was well put together.
I also liked the segment about a group of doctors providing health care to rural residents in Virginia. In my opinion, the video was effective because the reporters shot their subjects from a variety of different angles. If both of these stories were told in a print format, they might not have been effective in capturing the impact of substance abuse and the number of people who lack affordable health care in America.
Overall, the first day of class helped me to visualize how I can use video to enhance my stories as a professional journalist. Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment