Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anna Eisenberg-- Project 1

As a journalist trained in a strongly print-focused environment, I've been taught how to write stories, not as much how to display them visually. A story that may have gotten someone an A in Journalism 320 cold be a terrible idea for an online multimedia package. Basically, the way in which traditional journalists now approach story ideas is entirely different with this new, visual addition to newswriting.

Because I'll be graduating in the spring, I'm looking for any way to make myself the most eligible candidate for a job. News organizations are expecting journalists to do it all -- take photos and video as well as write -- so learning the tools we will use in this class will hopefully get me one step closer to employment. I also hope that my background in print design work will help me to see stories more visually, and thus help my multimedia skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment